Tuesday, January 12, 2010

oh the joys of being a libra.

so i'm at barnes and noble and i'm reading a book called sex signs. it's an astrology book about how different signs deal with relationships. each chapter begins by listing characteristics of that certain sign. here's how mine looked:
seductive, sensual, attractive, self-indulgent, artistic, sophisticated, ...melancholic, ...indecisive, ...multiple relationships, ...narcissistic...

does anyone see the slow progression of from great to worse? and let me just say that everything this book said about me was absolutely spot on.

number one on the list of characterizations is that i have an intense personality that is especially preoccupied with all aspects of human relationships. does anyone see a trend in my recent posts? multiple relationships,...preoccupation with relationships...

it also says things about me being more comfortable with rationality than emotions. but later it says that once i'm happily settled nobody can make a man happier than i can. duh, knew that one.

and it says that once a libra has made up her mind about monogamy (to be or not to be, that is the question) she will stick with this decision for life. in case you were wondering, my answer is to be. but i guess that also depends on how you define monogamy.

i like webster's third definition: the practice of having a single mate at one time.

i agree with that webster.

anyway, that's my post for today. i don't know when i became so fascinated by astrology but i did. it makes me happy to learn things about myself that i was once oblivious to.

2 comments:

devynn said...

i wanna read that! soooo going to barnes and noble tomorrow.

K.Pete said...

oooh - I want to check out that book too!! I've never been big into astrology either - it seems too hokey for me. But the more I think about it - the more I believe it may hold some credence. It would seem likely that if people are born during different times of the year that their perceptions and how they see the world could be altered according to seasons. Someone who comes into this world in the winter would likely view the world differently than someone who is born in a summer month.

If astrology helps you understand yourself - go for it! Maybe it will help you figure out your heart so you can make a decision about those men. :)