Saturday, January 2, 2010

two thousand ten

I planned on doing this post on New Year's Eve, but I somehow got sidetracked and didn't quite get the chance. So, I guess there's no time like the present.

I took a moment to reflect on the past year of my life. I thought about how it's ironic that I've always done what is expected of me, and yet my life seems to continuously fall apart. But as I was driving in the car (like ten minutes ago), I came to an interesting conclusion. Maybe nothing works out because I was doing what I thought others expected me to do, and not what was right for me. That's a pretty easy conclusion to come to, but I took the round-about way of reaching it so it took like a year. How me.

This is what the past year of my life looked like:
Jan 4th-Went back to Amsterdam after spending the holidays with my family. It was around this time that I decided to move back to the states.
Feb 18th-Moved back to the States.
March 13th-Started working at the worst job ever. Pretty much had no life for the next 7 months.
Oct 5th-Turned the big 2-4.
Mid Octoberish-Put in my notice to quit said job.
Mid Decemberish- Enrolled in grad school to get me to a place I want to be in life.

When I put it that way it seems quite uneventful. Living it, it seemed tumultuous.

Anyway, here are the things I want to accomplish in the coming year:
1. Re-become financially independent. Get a job I love and can be proud of. I took a lot of pride in being able to take care of myself. Now I just need to get back on track.

2. Find love. Being single has been fun, but it's getting old. I want to find a male best friend that I also happen to love. And who is a good kisser. And can give me hugs when I need them. And who I can do that for.

3. Get good grades in Grad school so I can later become Dr. Thompson. Scratch that. Dr. Lastnameoftheguyimarry.

Not too much to accomplish.

Wish me luck. I hope that you all accomplish everything you want to accomplish and find happiness.

1 comment:

Soph! said...

good luck! as if you need it. You will be fine, Dr. Thompson