Friday, February 13, 2009

farewell my sweet amsterdam

so it's my last saturday in amsterdam. sad times...sort of. here's why:

i've loved being in amsterdam. it's been so fun to meet so many awesome people and make such good friends in such short amounts of time. i've had such a fun time here and will miss places like paradiso and belushi's. i will especially miss the friends who i had fun with at those places. you know who you are. but while my "little america" (all of my friends are/have been american) has been great, i miss "big america", as in the united states of america. i am so excited to go back.

i'm never more american than when i live in europe.

oh yeah, not to mention i need to grow up. that's the real reason i'm moving home.

so to end my amsterdam experience right, soph and i are going to pretend we're tourists and hit up some museums before i leave. i'm really excited about this because i've only been to one (the rijksmuseum) since i've been here. van gogh, joods historisch museum, and anna frank huis are all on my to-do list. oh yeah, and eat some pannekoeken.

and seeing how it's also VALENTINE's day, i'm going to buy myself some red tulips. that's right, i'm being self-sufficient. this feels quite empowering.

oh yeah, and i need to take lots of photos. or so my mom says...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Enjoy it schmem!

Soph! said...

gosh! we failed at our to do list. Instead we just ate/drank all afternoon

good times!