Tuesday, March 3, 2009

that's right. i am.

so i took the asvab today. talk about a joke.

it's supposed to take 2-3 hours. i finished in an hour. this made me a little nervous because whenever i finish a test early i wonder if i just think i know what i'm doing when in actuality i have no clue. not to mention that when i was waiting to check in the guy sitting next to me asked me what i did to study...WHAT? WE WERE SUPPOSED TO STUDY? haha. i did absolutely nothing to prepare. he bought a study guide and was taking it very seriously.

so i finish and walk up to the proctor and she looks a little confused that i finished so early. this adds to my trepidation. she prints off my scores, staples them shut and hands it to me. apparently she can tell i'm feeling unsure of myself because she says "you did excellent".

phew! big ol' sigh of relief.

so basically all that happened was i proved i am a GENIUS.

did i mention that i was the ONLY girl there? i mean there were only like ten of us, but come on.

i also ventured to the gym again. i am amazed at how quickly my body has learned to love exercise, and how much better i feel afterward. i am not amazed with how much i weigh. more like disgusted. so from now on i will not eat any junk. i will not drink any soda. that's right: soda diet is back. and i'll do some other healthy stuff which i will figure out later ;) i've started (okay, i'm GOING TO start) an exercise journal so i can keep track of my progress.
i ran tonight and i am going to circuit training in the morning. my trainer (dad) says i should go once in the morning and once in the evening. UGH/YAY!

4 comments:

Soph! said...

*high five* nice emily!

and good luck with the soda diet! many have tried (me and Dev) and many have failed (ME! not sure about Dev...)

I'm also exercising. Kind of.SInce March 1st I've been jumping rope in my room for 30 minutes. lol

Soph! said...

30 minutes daily :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed your last post - I would have told you the asvab is a piece of cake!!! I finished early when I took it too - and I scored in the 99% percentile - kinda makes me wonder why they don't make the test more difficult ... oh well - why am I complaining? It feels good to be at the top :)

And OF COURSE you did well!!! :) YAY! Good luck on the soda diet!

devynn said...

hahah i have failed the no pop diet too - except i dont drink NEARLY as much as i used to so that has to count for something right?

anyway! good job with the workout! keep it up! i keep telling myself that im gonna start running.........